Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review: The Dead Girls' Dance

The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires #2), Rachel Caine

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

Genre: Paranormal, Young Adult

Source:  I received a copy of this book from the publisher as part of a blog campaign. My review is my honest opinion.

Synopsis from Goodreads:  Claire Danvers has had her share of challenges—like being a genius in a school that favours beauty over brains, dealing with the homicidal girls in her dorm and, above all, finding out that her college town is overrun with blood-sucking fiends.

On the plus side, so far Claire and her friends have managed to survive getting on the wrong side of some Morganville VIPs... Vampire Important Persons. But their temporary peace is in danger of collapsing, thanks to the arrival of her new boyfriend’s scary father and his vampire-fighting supporters.

My Review:  What can I say except that I wish someone had told me sooner how awesome these books were? I read both Glass Houses (Book 1) and The Dead Girls' Dance (Book #2) in a single sitting. They are quick and fun and oh so fantastic. Glass Houses ends with a MAJOR cliffhanger and I think if I hadn't had the second book right there in my hands, I would've died. Waiting must have been unbearable for readers who've been with this series since the beginning.

The Dead Girls' Dance picks up exactly where Glass Houses ends and continues the story. Shane's dad is causing all sorts of trouble and we get to learn a lot more about Shane, who btw, I LOVE. For me, whether or not I am going to adore a book or series comes down to the love interest. And Shane? Well, he's perfect for me.  Protective, loyal, and just the perfect amount of smart ass.

Claire seems to come into her own in book 2 as well. She's fiercer, more determined and I think I like her even more than I did in Glass Houses.

All in all, a wonderful follow up to Glass Houses. The action and suspense is amazing. I couldn't flip the pages fast enough and now that I'm done, I'm really sad that I don't have the other, what? 10 Books? Wow. There's a reason there are so many of these books and a reason they're so popular. They're awesome. And if you're like me, and you haven't read them before, you should pick them up. Like, now.

1 comment:

Kai said...

Great review. Love this series!

www.embraceyoumag.com