Friday, July 13, 2012

Stacking the Shelves {5}

STSmall


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a way to showcase the books we've received for review or purchased, borrowed, etc. If you'd like to participate please check out Tynga's website for more information.

Purchased/Won:

52 Reasons to Hate My Father  
52 Reasons to Hate My Father, Jessica Brody
Published: 7/3/12, FSG

I actually picked this one up because I loved the book trailer. I watched it thinking, wow this would make a really cute teen chick flick. So of course when I went to the author's website to stalk check her out, I found that film rights were already purchased! I've read the book. It was seriously adorable so I can't wait to see it adapted for the big screen.

The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles #2)
The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles #2), Eve Edwards
Published: 4/10/12, Delacorte BYR

This one I actually won from somewhere. Some book or writing newsletter I subscribe to. Sorry, wish I could remember. But I adore the cover. Can't wait to crack it open.


For Review:

Quantum Coin (Coin, #2)
Quantum Coin (Coin #2), E.C. Myers
Source: ARC from Publisher
Release Date: 10/2/12, Pyr

AHHHHHHHHHHHH is all I can say about this one. OMG, I adored the first book in the series, Fair Coin, and have been anticipating this one. For some reason I thought it came out next year, so imagine my surprise when I opened up the package from Pyr. I actually screamed. It made my whole week.

Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
Blood Fever (The Watchers #3), Veronica Wolff
Source: Copy from Publisher
Release Date: 8/7/12, NAL Trade 

I haven't read the first two books in this series but I've heard good things. I'll definitely be stopping at the book store to pick them up so I can complete the collection and review Blood Fever.

Heaven (Halo, #3)
Heaven (Halo #3), Alexandra Adornetto
Source: ARC from Publisher
Release Date: 8/21/12, Feiwel & Friends

This is another one where I haven't read the first two books in the series. I'll definitely have to get to these as well.  

-------

A HUGE thank you to Pyr, Macmillan, and Penguin. That's it for me this week. Leave me a link to your mailbox post and I'll be sure to check it out!!
 
---------

5 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh boy I really want the Veronica Wolff series!

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about 52 Reasons to Hate my Father and I haven't heard much of the other ones but I hope you enjoy! :)

Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

WinterHaven said...

Awesome book week!! I hope they all turn out to be 5 stars for you!!

Our shelves

Read Write Reviews said...

Wow, I fraking love the Queen's lady cover! I'm going to have to check this book ou!

Letterbox Love!

Kate said...

Great haul, all of these look awesome! my Stacking the shelves and Giveaway