Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Recent Reads - Loramendi's Story

Loramendi's Story (A Lords of Shifters Novel)

Loramendi's Story, Angela Carlie

 3.5 of 5 Stars

Genre:   Young Adult, Paranormal Romance

Pages:   210

Published:   8/7/2011, DarkSide Publishing

Format: e-ARC

Why I Chose It:   I was given an e-ARC by the author but it was an e-ARC I had requested after reading about the novel on the author's website.

Synopsis (from Good Reads):   Lora wants nothing more than to be the wind behind sexy windsurfer Chance's sails. But fulfilling that wish just became...complicated. After seventeen years of normal life, someone wants Lora and her family dead. And the attempted massacre isn't nearly as strange as the reason behind it.

My Review:  Loramendi's Story is the first in the new Lord of the Shifters series from Angela Carlie and it shows. The novel ends just when I was most anxious to see what happened next. I found myself staring at the page on my e-reader willing more words to appear.

But this is a good thing. Despite a rocky beginning in which there was a few moments where the writing and description choices made me cringe and pulled me from the story, by the time it ended I wanted more.

Lora was occasionally a little gross. At one point belching several times in a friend's face and another describing a moment in which she didn't care if she was swallowed whole and pooped out. I know they are probably real life actions and thoughts, but they weren't exactly moments I wanted in a paranormal romance.

However the story was intriguing enough to keep me turning the pages. And Chance more than made up for any of Lora's shortcomings. He was tall, dark, handsome, and just as dreamy and protective as I want my heroes to be.

All in all it was a really good story that introduced me to an interesting new world. A great start to a series that I definitely want to see more of.

--

No comments: