Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Fun Featuring Chris Hemsworth

I'm a geek. If you don't know this by now, you haven't been paying much attention. One sign of my geekiness is the fact that I love Star Trek in all its forms. I've seen them all.

Growing up, my sisters Katie, Jo-Anne, and I used to play Star Trek, with Jo-Anne as Captain Kirk, Katie as Dr. McCoy, and me as Spock.

Now that you know this, it should come as no surprise that I was watching the 2009 Star Trek film the other day for probably the millionth time, bawling my eyes out as I always do during the prologue scene featuring George Kirk, when it occurred to me that actor playing him is Chris Hemsworth.

I've always thought Captain Kirk's father was hot. I mean look at him.

Photo of Chris Hemsworth from Star Trek (2009)

Why do you think this scene makes me cry so much? So much gorgeousness and charm dies. (OMG, when he's discussing baby names with his wife and he says, "Tiberius? You kidding me? No, that's the worst," and he gives that small laugh, I swear my heart almost stops.) But I never realized, before that night, that he was the same actor who played Thor. I'm slow, I know.

Anyway, this led me to looking through images of Chris Hemsworth on the internet, which led to me tweeting, "If I did a blog post with just pictures of Chris Hemsworth would you all read it?" The answer was a resounding yes. Thus, Friday Fun Featuring was born. Basically it will be a post featuring anything and everything. Whatever happens to be on my mind. I can't promise it will be weekly--I get busy sometimes--but it will be fun.

Now, without further ado, I give you Chris Hemsworth. Enjoy!!!!


Chris Hemsworth  at  "Star Trek" Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals




That made my day. Hope yours is just as awesome!!


-----

1 comment:

Jennifer Rainey said...

Thank you for this post! I think I knew at some point they were played by the same actor, but I'd forgotten.

Very informative! *continues to stare at the pictures* Very informative indeed... ;P