Thursday, December 15, 2011

To Be Read Thursday {15}


TBR Thursday is a weekly post where I draw attention to books by sharing with you the books I've either purchased, won, borrowed, or received for review, plus 10 books currently on my TBR list.
-----------

Okay, with my birthday, Thanksgiving, and a few guest posts, it's been a while since I did a TBR Thursday post, so this one will encompass the past several weeks. It's a long one so please bear with me. I promise this will never happen again!

Click on the book cover to see synopsis & add to your Goodreads shelves

Books I Purchased:

Okay, so my obsession got the better of me, but these books have been on my TBR list for a while and I found most of them on sale!!

Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)
Hourglass, Myra McEntire

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
Heist Society, Ally Carter

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
Touch of Frost, Jennifer Estep

Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1)
Glimmerglass, Jenna Black

Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1)
Anathema, Megg Jensen

Untraceable
Untraceable, S.R. Johannes

Clockwise
Clockwise, Elle Strauss

Running Wide Open
Running Wide Open, Lisa Nowak

BOUND (The Crystor, #1)
Bound (Crystor Series #1), C.K. Bryant

Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1)
Exiled, RaShelle Workman

Become (Desolation, #1)
Become, Ali Cross





Books I Won:

I love entering giveaways and I scored some awesome books in the last few weeks. Check out the left hand sidebar of my blog for current giveaways.
Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1)
Carrier of the Mark, Leigh Fallon

The Implosion of Aggie Winchester
The Implosion of Aggie Winchester, Lara Zielin

Don't Expect Magic
Don't Expect Magic, Kathy McCullough
I was lucky enough to score a signed bookmark from a fellow McCullough, so of course I went out and bought the book to go with it.
Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Divergent, Veronica Roth
I originally read this book on an e-reader, but I recently won a hardback copy. I had no idea it was so huge!
Crossed (Matched, #2)
Crossed, Ally Condie
I won a signed copy!!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs

My Sister's Keeper
My Sister's Keeper, Jodie Picoult
I'd lent my copy out a while ago and never recieved it back so I was beyond thrilled to win this one.

Dead Famous (Kathleen Mallory Novels, #7)
Dead Famous, Carol O'Connell

The Chalk Girl (Kathleen Mallory Novels, #10)
The Chalk Girl, Carol O'Connell (Thank you Putnam Adult)

Sleeper's Run
Sleeper's Run, Henry Mosquera (Thank you Oddity Media)




Gifts I Received:



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin

The Night Circus
The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
Shiver, Maggie Stiefvater



Books I Received for Review:

The Demi-Monde: Winter: A Novel
The Demi Monde: Winter, Rod Rees (Thank you William Morrow)

Ashfall
Ashfall, Mike Mullin (Thank you Tanglewood Press)

The Spy Who Jumped Off the Screen: A Novel
The Spy Who Jumped Off the Screen, Thomas Caplan (Thank you Viking Adult)

Every Other Day
Every Other Day, Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Thank you EgmontUSA)

Everneath
Everneath, Brodi Ashton (Thank you Balzer + Bray)

Daughter of the Centaurs (Centauriad, #1)
Daugher of the Centaurs, Kate Klimo (Thank you Random House BFYR)

The Dead of Winter
The Dead of Winter, Chris Priestley (Thank you Bloomsbury)

No One is Here Except All of Us
No One is Here Except All of Us, Ramona Ausubel (Thank you Riverhead)

Carry the One
Carry the One, Carol Anshaw (Thank you so much Simon & Schuster!)

Where It Began
Where It Began, Ann Redisch Stampler (OMG! So Pretty! Thank you Simon Pulse!)

Pieces of Us
Pieces of Us, Margie Gelbwasser (Thank you so much to Flux)

Arcadia
Arcadia, Lauren Groff (Thank you to Voice)

The Night She Disappeared
The Night She Disappeared, April Henry (Thank you Henry Holt BFYR)

Single in the City
Single in the City, Michele Gorman (From the author. Thank you Michele)

The Secret of Lies
The Secret of Lies, Barbara Forte Abate (From the author. Thank you Barbara.)

Scary School
Scary School, Derek the Ghost (From the Author, Thank you Derek)

Unraveling Isobel
Unraveling Isobel, Eileen Cook (Thank you Simon Pulse)

New Beginnings
New Beginnings, Rebecca Emin (From the Author, Thank you)

Life Is But a Dream
Life is but a Dream, Brian James (Thank you Feiwel & Friends)



TBR Books:


Breaking Point 1. Breaking Point, Alex Flinn
Living Dead Girl 2. Living Dead Girl, Elizabeth Scott
Stained (Cutting Edge) 3. Stained, Joanne Hichens
Bitter End 4. Bitter End, Jennifer Brown
The Truth About Forever 5. The Truth About Forever, Sarah Dessen
Shattered Souls 6. Shattered Souls, Mary Lindsey
Brother/Sister7. Brother / Sister, Sean Olin
With or Without You 8. With or Without You, Brian Farrey
And Then Things Fall Apart 9. And Then Things Fall Apart, Arlaina Tibensky
A Touch Mortal (A Touch Trilogy, #1) 10. A Touch Mortal, Leah Clifford


--

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a haul! Nice!

BROTHER/SISTER and WITH OR WITHOUT YOU are two of my favorite YA books. I hope you enjoy them. :)

Mandie Baxter said...

Most epicly awesome list ever!!!!!!!!!! Wish I lived closer to you! And OMG! I'm with Kelley! Move With or Without You up on your list to the tippy top! So freaking awesome! (I have a signed copy...hehe).

Unknown said...

WOW You got some amazing books! :-)

Ann Stampler said...

I smiled when I saw your comment on the cover of Where It Began. I love it, too.
Ann

Melanie_McCullough said...

Kelley - I've heard good things about both books. I can't wait to read them.

Mandie - I will send you any books you want at any time! That's how much I <3 you.

Thanks for stopping by Jennifer. I'm looking forward to reading them all!

Ann - OMG! Thank you so much for stopping by. I requested Where it Began from S&S and wasn't sure I'd get a copy. When it came in the mail I almost died. It's so beautiful!

Ann Stampler said...

"Almost died" pretty accurately describes my reaction when I first held the ARC in my hand too. And I've got to tell you, the cover of the actual book (I've never seen the hardback book but I have the jacket), just kind of glows.
Ann

Espana said...

I recommend Divergent to everyone out there who definitely wants a book that will grab you by the face, pull you in, and get you lost within the words!