Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Goatastic Meme


Oh Mandie, Mandie, Mandie. I'd like to kill, er...um, thank you now for including me in this insane game of meme. If you guys haven't checked out Mandie Baxter yet (despite my constant prodding), you must do so now or you will be put on the list. And it's not the list you want to be on.



1.  Are you a HOT rutabaga? 

I have trouble comparing myself to a root vegetable, but if I had to be one I think I'd be more of a sweet potato. 

And hot? No way. I'm cute. I know the difference and hot I am not. For those of you who don't know -- this is hot:


This is cute:



I prefer to be the latter. Hot can easily bleed into skank territory, especially as we age and try to maintain that we are still hot, like this:



I'm sure at one point people considered this woman, Danielle Staub, hot. Now, she's a dirty ho bag. Enough said.


2.  When was the last time you ate lion meat? 

Every day for breakfast. Screw Wheaties, lion meat is the breakfast of champions


3.  Upload a heartwarming picture that makes you smile.

















I had to upload 2. These are my babies. My nieces and nephews during a wonderful day spent at Gillian's Wonderland in Ocean City, NJ. It always makes me smile when I look at it.

And this is my 16 year old neice Melissa who just brightens my day every time I see her. She's pretty, smart and funny in the snarky way that runs rampant in the family.



















4.  What song would be playing when you go back in time to beat the crap out of someone, and who, may I ask, would be this someone unfortunate enough to be in your time traveling dimensional line? 

The someone would definitely be Past Me. I've trusted the wrong people and made some major mistakes. Past Me deserves a real good ass kicking. And the song would be Eye of the Tiger by Survivor because, let's face it, everything is more awesome when the Rocky theme song plays in the background.


5.  Name one habit you want to change in yourself because it makes people plot your demise. 

I'm a little bit of a know-it-all. It gets annoying. Even to me.


6.  How many goats, stacked atop one another like Yertle's Turtles, would it take to reach the moon? 

I'm going to say 3. I keep trying to visualize it but it's like "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop" commercials - I get to 3 and I just want to get to the end. So I guess the world will never know.


7.  Describe the person who tagged you in obscure Latin words. 

cygnus inter anates  It means swan among ducks and describes Mandie perfectly.


8.  Where da muffin top at? 

Most likely in my stomach. Especially if it was blueberry. Or cranberry. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I probably ate them all.


9.  Do you have nicknames? 

Several:
1) Mel
2) Mellie
3) Mali (used only by my brother-in-law Jerry)
4) Mol (because my niece couldn't say my name as a toddler and this is what she substituted)


10.  What the fudge were you thinking as you were doing this? 

Wait, I was supposed to be thinking? No one told me this was a thinking game. Can I get a do-over?


Now, tag as many people as you want.

1. Ashley
2. Patricia
3. Angela

Write a rhyme for #1
Ashley hasn't blogged in a while. Maybe this crazy meme will make her smile.
(What? I'm a novelist. Not a poet)

#2 dreams about... 
Right now, probably book covers and finding glaring errors in her novel after she hits that publish button. Wait, that last one's a nightmare.

Where would #3 hide in the event of an apocalypse? 

In her office. She has lists and goals. Nothing as inconsequential as an apocalypse is going to stop her.

 
---

7 comments:

Mandie Baxter said...

You're welcome!!! Oh my! I love your answers! Number one makes perfect sense! I'm with you! I'd rather be cute(I like to think I am)! the pics are cute, but when will we see one of you?! I'd like to beat past me up too! We can help each other out! Swan among ducks, I love that! Super glad you did this!
P.S. all the !!! Are just for you!!!

Melanie_McCullough said...

Glad you liked it!!! We have to join exclamation point anonymous!!

I will post some soon. I'll make it a 30th birthday spectacular where I compare pretty young 29yo me to old ugly 30yo me.

Patricia JL said...

Yeah, that is a nightmare for me and I wanna wake up! Also, all my next posts are going to deal w/ the whole publishing thing I've decided to do so someone remind me about this meme later. lol

Melanie_McCullough said...

Patricia - You are definitely off the hook for a while. Especially since I want to read Being Human ASAP

Angela Kulig said...

Crap I have to do this tonight, or it's going to mess up my lists.

Keriann Greaney Martin said...

Haha, love your answers! There is definitely a fine line between "hot" and "skanky ho bag".

Kelley said...

Cute one. I like your answers :)